Living with a Mechanical Heart Valve: Click.Tick.Thump. Love It!

Support Group for Mechanical & Artificial Heart Valve Surgery & Using Warfarin

Living with a Mechanical Heart Valve (54)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Surgery Complete

Hi Guys, Its been a while but i'm back. My surgery was succesful and I have been discharged by my Surgeon, which in itself is scarey.   I…

Started by Carly B

7 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Kevin David Parvin

Mechanical Heart Valve noise when attached to a dacron prosthesis to replace the aortic root and the ascending aorta

..Moving on from the previous post regarding the noise test from 3 of the leading mechanical heart valves this is another test result - int…

Started by Graeme

0 Oct 17, 2012

10 weeks Out, Some Strange Symptoms

Hello All,       Glad to be back on the forums! This is my first post since undergoing the Bentall procedure with a St. Jude aortic valve (…

Started by Bobby Thompson Jr.

8 Oct 7, 2012
Reply by Bryan Chua

A real advice sought from all please

I wish to ask from anyone who can reasonably respond that is being a heart valve recipient a hurdle in getting a research scholarship, All…

Started by Javed Ashraf

7 Sep 24, 2012
Reply by Javed Ashraf

Headaches :-(

Hope i find you all doing well. Waiting for a date for op (immenate), but last couple of weeks been suffering from headaches. Been to GP b…

Started by Gary Wade

1 Aug 27, 2012
Reply by nic nic

Nausea

Hi I had a MHV fitted (Mitral) 7 weeks ago.  Am doing well by all accounts but have several bouts of nausea that last 24 hours or more.  H…

Started by Rose Siva

0 Aug 18, 2012

Warfarin making me tired ???

Hi, Another newbie to the site and im really pleased to have found it. A little background about me - went to the doctors with a cough oct…

Started by Ruth Gold

15 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by Stuart hampton

6 weeks out of surgery

I had my surgery 6 weeks ago, and I am interested if there is any relief from the pounding feeling. I can live with the ticking, but feelin…

Started by Tina opalisky

9 Jun 1, 2012
Reply by Mark David Farrer

Low Iron Levels due to MHV - Common?

Hello everyone Here is another MHV mystery... my ferritin levels (iron in the blood) since my MHV was implanted has been very low - latest…

Started by Alan

1 May 23, 2012
Reply by Pradeep

Anxiety Issues

Can anyone suggest decent methods to control what I like to term' valve-related anxiety disorder'?! I just visited the local ED here again…

Started by Alan

3 May 23, 2012
Reply by Anne Jones

RSS

OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS

Join our Facebook Page!

Or: post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

LIFELONG MHV MEMBERS

© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service