Living with a Mechanical Heart Valve: Click.Tick.Thump. Love It!

Support Group for Mechanical & Artificial Heart Valve Surgery & Using Warfarin

Mechanical Heart Valve - My story... (164)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pulmonary Homograft Failure

Hi I had a double valve replacement in 2011 a St Jude Mechanical valve to the aorta and a Homograft to the pulmonary artery. In less than a…

Started by Chris

2 Jun 20, 2016
Reply by Chris

Warfarin - Unusual Substance at Airport Security

Not sure if anyone have experienced this before... I've been taking Warfarin for 4 months now since my surgery. Recently I had to fly for w…

Started by Tony Roberts

2 Jun 20, 2016
Reply by Graeme

Unstable INR

My daughter @ 23 has mitral  mechanical valve, Just battling with the INR which hasn't stabilised since she went to live in the UK. She sti…

Started by Casa Joya

6 May 15, 2016
Reply by Casa Joya

Fell of bike – had craniotomy

Hi all I have been offline for a bit. Back in Sept last year I fell off my road bicycle hitting my head on the road (had a helmet on of c…

Started by Martina

10 May 13, 2016
Reply by Casa Joya

Bentall Procedure

I underwent the Bentall Procedure on the 7th July 2015. This is the 3rd open heart surgery I have gone through. I am recovering currently a…

Started by Chris Skingley

7 Oct 7, 2015
Reply by Graeme

2 years on yippe

Hi all, my daughter's mechancel mitral will be 2 years this month. Doing well now at London college of fashion however, her last scan showe…

Started by Casa Joya

1 Oct 7, 2015
Reply by Graeme

Do you pay for your Warfarin?

Hi All, Two and a half months post-op and recovering well! Thanks to all on the forum for their positive comments and advice... Anyway - do…

Started by Steve Blake

4 May 2, 2015
Reply by Dave Millard

A wonderful message from one of our members...

Note: Tareq - one of our new members is a doctor and this is a great message of support from him for us all. He also makes a note of how im…

Started by Graeme

0 Mar 23, 2015

Patients Perception of Mechanical Heart Valve Sounds & Quality of Life...(Aortic Valves)

Here's an interesting study from Germany that I found buried in some research papers on the web ...Detailed Description: Patient's percepti…

Started by Graeme

8 Jan 9, 2015
Reply by Graeme

2 years on and Happy Birthday to SORIN :-)

So it's two years today since my SORIN aortic vale was fitted. Thanks to Graeme and all of you for your support and encouragement over this…

Started by Kevin David Parvin

2 Aug 6, 2014
Reply by Graeme

RSS

OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS

Join our Facebook Page!

Or: post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

LIFELONG MHV MEMBERS

© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service