Living with a Mechanical Heart Valve: Click.Tick.Thump. Love It!

Support Group for Mechanical & Artificial Heart Valve Surgery & Using Warfarin

All Discussions Tagged 'warfarin' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Warfarin showing little effect (advice please)

Hello, first I'd like to say that this is my first post and this site / forum really stood out to me. Great that it is a UK site and specif…

Started by Simon Cumming

4 Oct 13, 2014
Reply by Simon Cumming

Warfarin - YOUR thoughts..

This forum topic is for any thoughts you have on Warfarin..Good..Bad..Ugly..Whatever..!

Started by Graeme

63 Feb 21, 2014
Reply by Martina

Diet/Nutrition

Other than the Vitamin K vs. Coumadin/Warfarin balancing act most of us are dealing with, any comments on your current diet? 

Started by Racer

26 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by Janet Hogger

Survey for patient experiences on warfarin

Hi, Anti Coagulation Europe has asked us if any of our members could help us by participating in a survey about patient experiences in anti…

Started by Graeme

2 Jul 25, 2013
Reply by Graeme

Coagcheck: Self testers - do you ever have a hospital INR check?

I have been self testing now for one year. When I first went on to self testing, I went to the hospital where they compared my coaguchek re…

Started by Madeleine M

11 Mar 27, 2013
Reply by Martina

On-X Life Technologies Submits for FDA/CE Approval of Reduced Anticoagulation Indication for On-X Aortic Heart Valve

"If approval is received, the On-X valve will become the first aortic valve that allows patients to be maintained at levels of anticoagulat…

Started by Graeme

0 Oct 22, 2012

First study launched to evaluate alternative to warfarin for mechanical heart valve patients with Pradaxa® (Dabigatran)

The American Heart Journal in June this year published the first ever study on replacing warfarin for Mechanical Heart Valve patients with…

Started by Graeme

2 Oct 14, 2012
Reply by Javed Ashraf

My Warfarin Blog

I wonder if anyone might be interested to read my warfarin blog?http://warfarinblog.blogspot.com/This blog charts my experience on anticogu…

Started by Carl Meek

0 Jan 4, 2012

Apixaban to soon replace Warfarin ???

Heres a pretty interesting recent article I came across today re the new generation of drugs being developed to replace warfarin.. some int…

Started by Graeme

5 Oct 22, 2011
Reply by Tina opalisky

Alcohol and Warfarin..

This is in the 'Noisy Heart Valve Section' on the Forum..but thought maybe it also should feature here: Please feel Free to add you views..…

Started by Graeme

3 Jun 13, 2010
Reply by Mike Rosney

RSS

OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS

Join our Facebook Page!

Or: post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

LIFELONG MHV MEMBERS

© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service