Living with a Mechanical Heart Valve: Click.Tick.Thump. Love It!

Support Group for Mechanical & Artificial Heart Valve Surgery & Using Warfarin

Hi,

Another newbie to the site and im really pleased to have found it. A little background about me - went to the doctors with a cough oct 2007 (aged 36) he stated i had a heart murmur and should have an x-ray, ecg. Result being aortic stenois and regurgitation, asymptomatic but apparently in mild heart failure. Had op to replace aortic valve with bileaflet valve dec 2007 (not given a choice of valve).

Since this time it appears i have had one hurdle after another but my main problem is extreme tiredness and no energy which then ultimately leads to depression. My heart is working fine apparently and i dont know whether it is a reaction to the warfarin or what. I have never gone more than 2 weeks without a blood test and my INR is all over the place even though i dont change my diet from one week to the next.

I am currently back to weekly tests and take 13mg daily (this has been up to 15mg and no lower than 8mg). What good is this amount of warfarin doing to my body. i know i will get comments that it is keeping me alive but i dont feel very alive.

Does anyone know if there is something different i can take or at least try ? 

Any comments greatly welcomed - thanks and sorry if i appear negative !!

Cheers Ruth

Views: 4597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Ruth, I did not have time to finish email. The coenzy q10 has really worked. The intense tirdness has decreased by about 40 per cent. This is huge. You can get it on prescripton or in ''Holland and Barrett''. Sincerely John

Hi John 

This sounds good - am going to speak to my anticoagulant 
nurse when I see her on Friday about this.  I'm finding 
it hard to deal with the tiredness.  Anne

John Power said:

Hello Ruth, I did not have time to finish email. The coenzy q10 has really worked. The intense tirdness has decreased by about 40 per cent. This is huge. You can get it on prescripton or in ''Holland and Barrett''. Sincerely John

hi Ruth

I have read your post, I have been on warfrin for 26 years it is very forgiving and I wouldnt think of changing it I have a mhv and sometime I get tired but I dont think its the warfrin its how your body has to cope with the daily demands. If you or anyone wants information about long team living with a mhv please contact me all the best for the future.

Stuart Hampton.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS

Join our Facebook Page!

Or: post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

LIFELONG MHV MEMBERS

© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service