Living with a Mechanical Heart Valve: Click.Tick.Thump. Love It!

Support Group for Mechanical & Artificial Heart Valve Surgery & Using Warfarin

How long or often do any of you receive or feel pain in different parts of your chest after your operations?

I had my surgery done on October 20th 2010 and every now and then I get pains in the joints of my shoulders or some times along the scar tissue on my chest. These especially show up with extreme weather and some times after sleeping in different positions for any length of time.

I know they said I could feel stuff for up to a year after surgery bu was curious about others experiences and so on.

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had my surgery Dec.2009 and I still feel pain along the scar tissue on my chest.  Especially when I sleep on my side for too long.  Plus my kids like to climb on me and dig their knees and elbows in that spot.  I thought it was odd to still feel it too but, my Dr. said it is not unusual at all.

Jonathon,

nice to hear from you. It will take a while to completley go away..for me the chest stil ltwinged up to 18 months later...and i still get a 'heavy ache' sometimes in my upper arms very infrequently now and again..but its really all worth it - believe me!

cheers

Graeme

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS

Join our Facebook Page!

Or: post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

LIFELONG MHV MEMBERS

© 2020   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service